httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory A Lundberg <lundb...@vr.net>
Subject Re: and while I'm pissing people off (fwd)
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 02:09:26 GMT
On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> The apache-cvs mailing list is already public... I hope there's details on
> dev.apache.org.  Send a "subscribe apache-cvs" message to
> majordomo@apache.org to join it.  Discussions are funnelled here though by
> a reply-to: new-httpd.

And that is documented where?

> I try to do as much as I can to accept non-group patches into the code, so
> do some others.  I would do even more in this area if I could just commit
> the damn things without rebuilding them into a patch for posting and
> waiting for votes, and maintaining it across other incosequential updates
> and crap like that.
>
> Sometimes non-group patches are against 1.2 and are features and we can't
> accept those... they have to be against 1.3 at least in order to be
> accepted.  In those cases it depends on how much I myself think the
> feature would be good before I'll spend the time porting it forward.

Let's choose our language very carefully here.  Say rather that you
'accept the patch for consideration but cannot include it in the released
code'.  There's an almost-empty apply-to heiracrchy at ftp.apache.org.  At
a minimum, your users deserve a note thanking the submitter and having
their patch placed there.  The Group must encourage new submitters to,
first, submit and, second, work on the development tree if they're adding
features.

----

Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
1441 Elmdale Drive              email: lundberg@vr.net [205.133.13.8]
Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653