httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Rumble <smi...@infotainment.com.au>
Subject Re: Apache RPM available to look at
Date Sun, 04 Jan 1998 03:28:20 GMT
On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> I think I've ironed out all the other little problems in the Apache
> RPM I promised to release. I've made it available at:
>
> http://www.io.com/~manojk/apache-rpm/
>
> There are two files: a source RPM for the couple of you who use Red
> Hat, and a tar.gz file for everyone else. Any comments?

If your going to build a binary RPM for apache, it would be a good idea to
take advantage of Mr Sameer's mod_so module.

I have allready testing this with basically all of the standard apache
modules compiled as so files, have also gotten the PHP 3 to compile and
load as a .so module as well.

The only thing that needs to be done is make changes to the Configuration
script so you can specify in their which modules should be loaded
dynamically, and what should be compiled in.

The other thing to consider with this, is some mechanism of being able to
load a module rpm, and have it automatically included into the apache.

Getting the .so file in is easy, is there some way of being able to do say
a /etc/httpd/conf.d directory? Where anything in there will be loaded as
well as the httpd.conf etc?

Each file you would put in there say from a php RPM package, would
contain the necessary LoadModule commands, and anything else php would
need.

---
Anthony Rumble
Interactive Infotainment Systems P/L   ACN: 076 046 252
Phone 02-9798-7604 Mobile 015-955-042 Pager 016-634-997