httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: Why does Apache talk to me?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 1998 06:05:07 GMT
On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> It likes you.  It is tired of having no one to talk to.
>
> See the APD* stuff in http_main.c.  I'm really not sure why we need a new
> way for that, but...
>
> You are probably building the debug version?

Yes.

> I think it not should do that if you don't debug the verison build.

I think it should not d that if I do. I mean, I use the debug build so
that if Apache does bad things, I can pop into the debugger, and get
results that make sense, and are informative. But having Apache spit out
a message to my console window every second is not my idea of a good time.

I think these messages should be turned off.