httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: NT Questions
Date Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:29:39 GMT
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Sam Robb wrote:
> >   What was the reason for the existance of the previous
> > setup (apache/apachecore)?  Am I doing something incredibly
> > stupid or just missing some obvious point?
>
> Mainly, I seem to remember, coz persons weren't aware that you can
> export from an exe as easily as a dll.

I thought it was because you (Ben) discovered that the fd-passing thing we
do with CGI scripts didn't work unless the code was in a seperate DLL, if
the child stuff was called from another DLL (a module). But I may be
inventing memories.

If that's not the case, I definitely think we should get rid of
ApacheCore.dll and export the symbols from Apache.exe.