httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: yet another possible IE4 HTTP/1.1 bug that I haven't heard about...
Date Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:17:36 GMT
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Can't we just make a clean change in 1.3 ?  People have to touch their
> config files anyhow.  I'd rather not kludge it.

I'd perfer Marc's fix, regardless of anything else. Any valid Apache
environment variable name should be able to be passed through /bin/sh
somehow without problems. So either we add code to reject a dash
everywhere (which is impossible, btw, without changing each individual
module - unless table_set() is changed somehow, which is a bad idea), or
we just change - into _ when creating a script environment.

-1 on any solution that doesn't address this issue (that includes yours,
Dean)

(Because personally, I really like dashes)