httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: voting
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 18:26:15 GMT
On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Gregory A Lundberg wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Ian Kluft wrote:
>
> > Maybe call it the "temporary accelerated development" privilege or something
> > like that.  If the idea is adopted, it should probably be codified as an
> > amendment to the voting procedures.
>
> Rome tried this a few thousand years ago.  The job title is "Ceasar".  It
> worked for a while but eventually led to the downfall of the Republic and
> the rise of the Empire.

Yeah, well... I thought the title was "Linus" but maybe I'm getting my
histories confused :)

Actually, I'd like to point out something that no one seems to remember:
We are in the middle of the 1.3 beta cycle. i.e., everything that we are
doing right now is supposed to be moving us towards a 1.3.0 release, and
so needs a full cycle of peer review, so we don't introduce additional
bugs or other code that slows that process.

Once we get to 2.0-dev, I think that, as we have in the past, the
commit-now, review-later policy is much more likely to be applicable.

P.S. On the "patches" directory... um... is it me, or didn't we move
to CVS two years ago to get rid of that very thing?