httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Korthof ...@organic.com>
Subject Re: CGI output caching
Date Mon, 26 Jan 1998 23:35:27 GMT
Another way to achieve this effect would be to serve static HTML which is
generated from CGIs or other scripts when appropriate.  That way you can
change the pages when appropriate, but they'll be served up w/o additional
processing.

Using .htaccess files and mod_expires, if you know when the files will
expire, you could do this quite effectively.

It's kind of a pain figuring out all the stuff you'd need to do, though.
Stuff like mod_perl, FastCGI, or mod_jserv probably makes more sense...

     -- Ed Korthof        |  Web Server Engineer --
     -- ed@organic.com    |  Organic Online, Inc --
     -- (415) 278-5676    |  Fax: (415) 284-6891 --