httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Korthof ...@organic.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Stacked I/O With BUFFs
Date Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:42:03 GMT
Actually, I reread my mail and realized I have enough information (thanks
Alexei) on how to implement direct file-to-socket transfers under Win32,
which requires a change to this proposal; I'll post an URL later with an
updated proposal and an implementation against 1.3b3-dev source.

The substance of the proposal will be the same, with one added function to
do direct-to-socket writing in a way which can be made abstract from the
OS.

Comments, criticism, etc. are of course welcome; and if changes are
appropriate, I'll be happy to make them.

Sorry about the incomplete proposal, though. :(

     -- Ed Korthof        |  Web Server Engineer --
     -- ed@organic.com    |  Organic Online, Inc --
     -- (415) 278-5676    |  Fax: (415) 284-6891 --