httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangu...@jrc.it>
Subject RE: CGI output caching
Date Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:51:01 GMT

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 27, 1998 11:13 AM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik
> [SMTP:dirk.vangulik@jrc.it] wrote:
> > We do something similar; when our cache ... accicents
> > ... poor server gets blamed.

> Which reminds me how happy I was to see the trace method in the HTTP 1.1
> spec.  - ben

Actually; that is a good point; If I would add a 'virtual' cache trace in
the header (and the log) it would make things a _lot_ more obvious for the
developer; (i..e that the build in cache is interacting with his/her CGI)
plus it would be easy to do the type of shift-reload type of virtual cache
overriding. That, plus a large warning in the docs could make this
feasible thing to be used by third parties.

Hmm, neat. Lets give that a spin.

Dw.