httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangu...@jrc.it>
Subject RE: CGI output caching
Date Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:47:33 GMT

We do something similar; when our cache module sees an
Expire: in the header with a date in the future plus an
Cache OK pragma in the mime coming from CGI it will store
it on disk next to the cgi-script with a *.cache tacked
on to the end of the file name. We set the file date (horror)
to the future date :-)

Seems to work; but it would not be directly something I would
give to the world.. the number of accicents you can have with
it is large; and the poor server gets blamed. We've seen
this happen time and time again..

Dw.