httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Q179148: Settings May Not Be Applied with URL with Short Filename] (fwd)
Date Mon, 26 Jan 1998 18:51:39 GMT
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Paul Brophy wrote:

> To be fair, most optimized (production) servers run NTFS with short name
> support disabled, so its not an issue. It has to be embarassing to Mr.

I really don't buy that one...

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Dirk-Willem van Gulik(mda00) wrote:

> :-)

But you missed the good part that is only on the web page:

   This issue was reported to Microsoft by Marc Slemko, a member of the
   Apache Web server development group. We appreciate his assistance and
   cooperation in reporting this issue and helping get it fixed for our
   customers.

I didn't ask them to put the Apache bit in, but when they offered... why
not.