httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/htdocs/manual/mod mod_mime_magic.html
Date Sun, 25 Jan 1998 03:59:38 GMT
On 25 Jan 1998 dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

> dgaudet     98/01/24 19:52:20
>
>   Modified:    src      CHANGES
>                src/modules/standard mod_mime_magic.c
>                htdocs/manual/mod mod_mime_magic.html
>   Log:
>   - no need to use stat() since r->finfo is already what we need
>   - no need to play with atime/mtime crud, the web server doesn't preserve
>       that info normally anyhow
>   - deal with r->finfo.st_mode == 0 || !r->filename (i.e. not a disk file)
>   - don't reference mime_module.type_checker, this should be controlled by
>       the ordering within Configuration
>   - work properly with multiple vhosts
>   - doc update: even prior to this patch, the code was disabled if there
>       was no MimeMagicFile directive.

Good.  FYI, this makes the Win32 version of this easier to make work.
I keep meaning to do it sometime... but I'm in the wrong country
now.

We should really make all reasonable modules work on win32 before
1.3.  Most don't need _that_ much work, mod_mime_magic needs a bit
more than some because of the process stuff it does...