httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/os/win32 ApacheModuleAuthAnon.dsp ApacheModuleAuthAnon.mak ApacheModuleCERNMeta.dsp ApacheModuleCERNMeta.mak ApacheModuleDigest.dsp ApacheModuleDigest.mak ApacheModuleExpires.dsp ApacheModuleExpires.mak ApacheModuleHeaders.dsp ApacheModuleHeaders.mak ApacheModuleInfo.dsp ApacheModuleInfo.mak ApacheModuleRewrite.dsp ApacheModuleRewrite.mak ApacheModuleSpeling.dsp ApacheModuleSpeling.mak ApacheModuleStatus.dsp ApacheModuleStatus.mak ApacheModuleUserTrack.dsp ApacheModuleUserTrack.mak
Date Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:51:07 GMT
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > Trust me, you don't want to try doing _that_ by hand.
> find . -name \*.mak | xargs perl -pi -e 'print "new line to add\n" if (/blahblah/);'

The problem is that you get files out of sync with what MSVC thinks they
should be, so if you export at some point in the future for some other
reason, you could have all sorts of things suddenly pop up broken.  That
still sticks you with two supposedly canonical sources of make info and no
way to keep them in sync.  Exporing from MSVC, while it generates an awful
mess, does keep them in sync.

Actually editing the .dsp files took 2 minutes.  A couple more for going
through and manually exporting the makefiles, which was made harder
because they are in seperate projects.  If you can automate exporting of
makefiles from .dsps, then you would have a system that is reasonably easy
to update.

It also does dependencies and it isn't just one line that it updates.

View raw message