httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Window's Makefiles
Date Fri, 23 Jan 1998 21:12:13 GMT
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> This seems quite stupid.  Beyond a CC definition, a linker definition, and
> a librarian definition, all of these files should be the same.  Why should
> we support only visual c++ when we could support more windows compilation
> environments?

Because you need to do certain things from the GUI and just having
makefiles isn't enough for that?  Try debugging a NT program from the
command line, for example.

If we don't want two seperate copies of things (ie. makefiles, then
seperate .dsp files) that means we have to autogenerate makefiles from
dsps and that's that.