httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Apache: FORM ACTION POST fails, GET WORKS...Why? (fwd)
Date Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:40:43 GMT
FYI, Dean...

---------- Forwarded message ----------

"Randell D." <randelld@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>Please...Someone help me 8)
>
>I've got Apache 1.2.4 configured on my HP9000.  Basically,
>I get get cgi-scripts to work using GET as a FORMS ACTION
>method (ie QUERY_STRING is assigned values) however when
>I use POST, it fails...almost

Randell:

Are you seeing this problem with Netscape 3.02 or 3.03? There is an
obscure bug in those NS versions that intermittently causes
POST method cgi requests to fail. NS is aware of it and has fixed the
problem in 3.04 and later. V 3.01 also is OK. Information is at
http://help.netscape.com/kb/client/971014-42.html
Although this article mentions only the NS Enterprise server, the
problem has also been observed in requests to Apache 1.2.4. With
Apache you may not see any error message.

Good luck,
Steve

To send email, replace 'NO_SPAM' with 'srick'