httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: construct_url hardcoding "http" [was: solution to 'mod_rewrite.c wierdness' => mod_dir.c]
Date Thu, 22 Jan 1998 05:30:51 GMT
On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Michael Douglass wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 1998 at 11:06:53PM -0600, Michael Douglass said:
>
> > ! char *construct_url(pool *p, const char *uri, const request_rec *r) {
> >       return pstrcat (p, "http://",
> > !                   construct_server(p, r->hostname ? r->hostname :
> > !                                      r->server->server_hostname,
> > !                                      r->server->port),
> >                     uri, NULL);
> >   }
>
> Oh, and I meant to raise a question about the way construct_url hardcoded
> http:// into the string.  I've noted throughtout the source in other
> locations that this piece is #ifdef(ed) for SSL use, etc.  Should it not
> be the case here?

It isn't ifdefed in other places.  Well, mod_rewrite is the only place and
it is somewhat modern.  The reason for this is that the US gov't is
moronic.  Such code could be considered hooks for encryption and be export
restricted.

Now, the current way of the world is somewhat less anal about such things
so they would probably be ok, but...

How about everyone moves up here to Canada then we can do real SSL support
as a part of the base distribution and avoid all the crap.