httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/main conf.h
Date Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:57:49 GMT
I'm not sure if I would go for the "most others" thing when you get under
high load.

The overhead of locking may more than cancel out the overhead of waking up
all processes on accept().

Well.  I guess that depends.  Some OSes wake up all processes anyway when
the lock is given to another process, some just pull one off the queue and
leave the rest alone.

Note that on svr4 systems this is critical and you must have serialized
accept no matter what.