httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/main alloc.h buff.h conf.h http_conf_globals.h http_config.h http_core.h http_log.h http_main.h http_protocol.h http_request.h http_vhost.h httpd.h md5.h multithread.h rfc1413.h scoreboard.h util_date.h util_md5.h util_script.h
Date Wed, 21 Jan 1998 18:39:56 GMT
On 21 Jan 1998 coar@hyperreal.org wrote:

> coar        98/01/21 10:24:03
>
>   Modified:    src      CHANGES
>                src/ap   ap.h
>                src/main alloc.h buff.h conf.h http_conf_globals.h
>                         http_config.h http_core.h http_log.h http_main.h
>                         http_protocol.h http_request.h http_vhost.h httpd.h
>                         md5.h multithread.h rfc1413.h scoreboard.h
>                         util_date.h util_md5.h util_script.h
>   Log:
>   	Add #ifndef wrappers to src/main/*.h files to insulate them
>   	against multiple inclusions.  httpd.h now includes ap.h for
>   	the ap_*() routines.
>
>   Reviewed by:	Commit-then-review rules

I must have missed the discussion of this... this isn't just a bug fix,
and it does change the API in a way.

All underscores beginning with a _ are reserved for use by the...
erm...  "implementation" is the term the Single UNIX spec uses.
There is a reason for that.  Is there really any point in us using
leading _'s just for the sake of using them?

I agree with wrapping the headers to avoid problems of double inclusion,
but...