httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: yet another possible IE4 HTTP/1.1 bug that I haven't heard about...
Date Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:29:20 GMT
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Can't we just make a clean change in 1.3 ?  People have to touch their
> config files anyhow.  I'd rather not kludge it.

I don't see it as a kludge given that it is just an extension of the
"normal" world.

HTTP headers are converted into environment variables, and have -
converted to _.  People are very used to that.

All this does is extend that to other
things-which-shalt-be-turned-into-env-variables.

'_' is an ugly thing to use everywhere, there are a number of variables
that have to be dealt with, very few people use the variables in the env,
and there is precedent for changing - to _ in variable names.