httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: yet another possible IE4 HTTP/1.1 bug that I haven't heard about...
Date Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:01:14 GMT
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> There's an IE4.0 checkbox which says "make HTTP/1.0 requests to proxies".
> At least there was the last time I used it... and that checkbox was the
> main reason that microsoft never tested the preview releases against
> apache servers in the live world... 'cause their developers were hidden
> behind proxies, and making 1.0 requests.

But this isn't a proxy it is talking to.  It is just getting the
autoconfig file from an origin server that says what proxy to talk to,
which may happen to be the same as the origin server.

> There's a possibility it's being tickled by the bputc bug that is patched
> in 1.3 and is still waiting votes in 1.2. (hint!)

Mmm.  I'll perhaps look at it the next time I'm dumb enough to boot into
NT.  This is with a CGI that the problem shows up...