httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject NT benchmarks
Date Tue, 13 Jan 1998 06:47:44 GMT
in my completely 100% bogus benchmark test on NT (P180, 48 meg RAM)
running Ziff-Davis's benchmark (controller, single client, and server all
on one machine), I am not unhappy with Apache under win32.

It did 36.96 req/sec compared to IIS4 at 81.34 req/sec and website at
61.28.

What does this mean?  Little since it was very bogus and way to CPU
starved by the client (which takes more CPU than the server) and only one
client connecting.

Yea, it sucks overall but for the stage it is at...

Too bad making it work well won't be possible without a new process model.