httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen STATUS
Date Sun, 11 Jan 1998 16:59:21 GMT
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> marc@hyperreal.org wrote:
> >
> > marc        98/01/10 22:31:14
> >
> >   Modified:    .        STATUS
> >   Log:
> >   No idea what I gain.
>
> Why do *you* have to gain something?  I think the rest of the *group*
> gains something; isn't that a consideration for you?

No idea what everyone else gains.

Life has worked fine for a very long time without adding every patch to
some file somewhere.  The only argument I have seen for it is to make
things nice and pretty so people can just look through a file of patches
instead of looking at the patch.  I don't see the point.  If it doesn't
get votes, then add it and let it sit there so people may get around to
it.  If it does, just do it and be done, no need to fiddle around.