httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: misc profiling comments
Date Sun, 11 Jan 1998 06:01:04 GMT
On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I've got the beginnings of a hashed version of the table_* stuff.  It's
> not a full hash table, that would be too heavy.  There's too many tables,

Unless you can merge them.

No, I don't think you can do it because destruction would impose too much
overhead.  Well, you could merge a couple... probably not useful though.

Your idea sounds reasonable.

[...]
> BTW -X really skews the results because of the use of alarm().  At least
> it does under Linux.  You should either hack your libc the way I've hacked
> linux's or do the other trick I mentioned -- make a module with a
> child_exit that creates a directory for the child to chdir() to before
> calling exit().

Good idea.

-X doesn't really impact the things I was looking at, but it does impact
reality...