httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: Intel Port & Release Process
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 16:33:05 GMT
On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:

> That said the NT Port has real troubles.  I'll try
> to enumerate a concise list in another posting, but
> suffice it say if this was a comercial project
> under my control I'd be transfering unwilling, but
> senior, labor it.

The STATUS file should be changed to have a section just for NT problems,
and we should try to get all known problems in there, including features
that are really needed.

All lists of problems are always welcome.

> Release Process
>
> I think the voting it's too severe as is.  I've seen
> many projects that used CVS with a high degree of
> trust in the developers, and I don't see why it wouldn't
> work well here.  It is approprate to have a little review
> very close to the releases, and when updating the
> "stable" release.

The problem is that much of the code here is more interrelated and needs
to be better on a per line basis because it simply isn't as big as some
projects.  Voting has raised a heck of a lot of objections to all sorts of
patches, mine included.  You can do this stuff after the fact, but the
problem is that if no one has time to pursue it, it just falls away.

Some sort of "stuff" tracking system would be good, but not as heavy
weight as the bugdb.  It could include comments about things that could
use changing, even if they aren't bugs, ideas, suggestions for features,
etc.

Oh, I had a good laugh about the bug tracking system that ships with
visual studio.  It is the "anomaly tracking system".  Perhaps we need an
anomalydb instead?  <g>