httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apachen STATUS
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 04:24:50 GMT
Hey, its never been impossible to find out about this all.

Back when I found my way to new-httpd, it wasn't even mentioned anywhere
that I could find.  I found _first_ by doing a zone
transfer of and looking through it, then that lead to the
mailing list.

Making it easier to find isn't a bad thing.  You do have to realize that
the information on is outdated and is intended for
developers who already know what is what to some degree.

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Gregory A Lundberg wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > and new-httpd are not mentioned on the site
> > as an attempt to, crudely, "keep the barbarians outside the gates".  Maybe
> > that should be changed.  At the very least should be
> > mentioned in the welcome message to new-httpd.  I think I'll go edit it to
> > do that.
> Also take a look at updating the 'How to join the Apache Group' section of
> ABOUT_APACHE in the source tarball.  IMHO anyone wanting to take a look at
> coding would start there anyway.  That's where I learned about new-httpd.
> ----
> Gregory A Lundberg		Senior Partner, VRnet Company
> 1441 Elmdale Drive              email: []
> Kettering, OH 45409-1615 USA    voice: +1 (937) 299-7653

View raw message