httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: performance comparison
Date Tue, 06 Jan 1998 20:55:32 GMT
On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Ingo Luetkebohle wrote:

> Are there any numbers about the performance one could expect from
> Apache? Things like hits/second and sustained transfer rate.

12 hits/sec, and 2000kbytes/sec transfer rate.

> I know that these numbers depend highly on operating system and
> hardware, but Im not looking for exact numbers, just something to
> compare my measurements to and get an idea if I have room for
> optimization left.

It really isn't possible to give general numbers that have any meaning.
The above could well be the maximum in some situations.  In some you
should get over 500.  The loads vary so widely that even ballpark numbers
are useless without giving them in refernce to what they apply to...