httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject config/1630: Full status reports are not enabled even with rule STATUS=yes (fwd)
Date Wed, 07 Jan 1998 06:56:10 GMT
I don't believe it.  I just don't.

How much simpler can a use of tr get?  <shrug>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 7 Jan 1998 06:42:32 -0000
From: Steve Fosdick <fosdicsj@aom.bt.co.uk>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: config/1630: Full status reports are not enabled even with rule STATUS=yes

>Number:         1630
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Full status reports are not enabled even with rule STATUS=yes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
If I edit the Configuration file to my requirements, run Configure and compile
apache I get a version that does short status reports rather than full ones
despite description text in the Configuration file that inicates that setting
the line:
Rule STATUS=yes
should cause full status reports to be selected.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I tracked the problem down to the tr command in src/helpers/CutRule.  It
actually appears to be a bug in HP-UX 10.20's version of 'tr' which, when
given the translations you use, outputs some characters with the eighth bit
set rather than the correct lower case letters.

I have searched the HP-UX patch database and cannot find a patch for 'tr'.

I was able to work around it by changing the tr command to use character
classes, i.e. instead of:
    tr "A-Z" "a-z"
I changed it to use:
    tr '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]'

I don't know how portable that construct is but another workaround would be to
supply s simple C program that does the case conversion.

If the