httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Re: Creating src/include in 1.3
Date Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:20:30 GMT
> The main issue seems to be with things like PHP that have their own
> Makefiles that need to be tweaked.  I'd really rather stay away
> from symlinking anything, and do it all in #defines.

As long as it is well-defined, it doesn't matter to me where the include
files are.  I think it would be nice if we could bring it to the point
where an AAPI application just needs a single -I and not three different
ones as it is right now.  That is my only concern.  Tweaking the PHP makefile
is very simple.  Right now my configure.in has this for 1.3:

# For Apache 1.3.x
      elif test -f $withval/src/main/httpd.h; then
        APACHE_INCLUDE="-I$withval/src/main -I$withval/src/os/unix
-I$withval/src/ap"
        APACHE_TARGET=$withval/src/modules/extra
        BINNAME=libphp3.a
        AC_DEFINE(APACHE)
        AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)

-Rasmus