httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@bellglobal.com
Subject Recent table struct change
Date Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:43:33 GMT
Dean recently changed the table struct in alloc.h from

    typedef array_header table;

    typedef table table;

In my PHP module I am now getting:

     main.c:992: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

Line 992 looks like this:

  table_entry *elts = (table_entry *)r->subprocess_env->elts;

This is probably an exceedingly stupid question, but how should I be
casting this assignment?  With the table type being opague, the compiler
doesn't know that 'elts' is an element of r->subprocess_env and thus
correctly complains.

This is another change that I think might have warranted an MMN bump.
As far as I am concerned, I am not using anything that is not part of the
API in my module, and whenever something is changed in Apache that breaks
my module, I consider it an API change.

-Rasmus