httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject apache-2.0 now clean
Date Sun, 01 Feb 1998 02:17:49 GMT
There is nothing I hate more than seeing people waste time for
nothing other than the sake of wasting time.  There is no reason
to mirror 1.3b stuff in the 2.0 repository, so it has been deleted.
In any case, making large updates to 2.0 just to mimic a bunch of
small updates to 1.3 is utterly stupid -- you don't even retain a
good commit log that way.

We can repopulate the repository when 1.3.0 is done.  Right now,
everyone should delete any checked-out apache-2.0 modules and
then checkout a fresh apache-2.0 (update will not work!).
You can then start committing the plans everyone keeps talking
about that are currently on servers elsewhere, so that we can
all read them and start looking for common themes.

....Roy