httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: apache-2.0
Date Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:33:08 GMT
I probably should have mentioned this before, but I think the right
way to do 2.0 is to start with an empty repository.  We don't need
or want the version history -- it just doesn't matter for a complete
rewrite and will cause more problems when the per-file history logs
become unmanageable (as they almost are already in 1.3).

Files in 2.0 should be added one at a time, when they are needed, and
with the most appropriate name and directory to suit 2.0 (as opposed to
just continuing the old names).  Things copied from 1.3 should be added
as they appear in 1.3 and then revised from there.  However, I think
almost all of the initial work will be on the OS/main loop, request
and response data structures, stream-based I/O, and a new API.

View raw message