httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: apache group process
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:59:26 GMT
>> For once, I don't want to hear anything from "The Devil's Advocate".
>> If folks can't be their own advocate, I don't want to hear from them.
>> The Devil doesn't get a vote unless he starts doing the work.
>
>I feel this is directed at me... If not, then ignore this. If so, then
>handle it as you see fit.

Kind of, but not the way you interpreted it.  Not even remotely,
since that would equate you with the Devil. ;)

What I was trying to say is that I *do* want to hear the opinions
of people like Jim (the real Jim).  What I don't want to hear is what
Jim thinks might be the worst-case scenario opinion of someone other
than Jim, which is exactly what I get every time Jim (or anyone else
for that matter) plays "Devil's Advocate".  It makes it impossible
for me to determine what is actually Jim's opinion.

Besides, as everyone knows, the Devil works for our competitors.
I'm not about to take advice from them on process issues.

....Roy