httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: somethin amiss on Solaris
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 22:29:56 GMT
>> Is it fixed by using USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT?  'cause I suspect the
>> pthreads stuff far more than any of the others... it's the major thing
>> that's different between solaris and all other platforms.  And it's only
>> used in 2.5 and later, so wouldn't affect Dirk's 2.4.
>
>Yup!  That fixed it for me.  Roy, how about you?

Nope, no effect at all.  It still hicups and still gets only 9 reqs/sec.
And I did check to be sure it was using fcntl this time.

Oh cool, I didn't know you could use "truss -f" to trace the entire
process group.  Bummer, there doesn't seem to be anything significant
in the truss, except that the problem image seems to get bumped on
the queue.  If you are interested, the truss output is at

    http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/apache/bum_trace.txt.gz

Aw crud!  It only shows up for Netscape 4.03.  There is no hicup
with Netscape 3.01.

I think I'll give up for the day -- I want to go see "The Postman"
before it disappears.  Stupid movie people should know better than
to open a future-fiction movie on Xmas day.

....Roy