httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: somethin amiss on Solaris
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 19:15:04 GMT
>Which version; I see nothing on Solaris 2.4/gcc/Sparc ?

The usual one ...

   SunOS kiwi.ics.uci.edu 5.5 Generic_103093-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

(and before anyone mentions it, yes I know about the Solaris patches,
 and no I don't have root access on this machine.  Bureaucracy sucks.)

Oh, and my image-load test files are at

  http://websoft.ics.uci.edu/icon_test.tar.gz

This problem looks a lot like one of

    -- a deadlock in the mutex code
    -- the cached access log going to hell in a handbag
    -- the child suicide/creation process going screwy
    -- a bad interaction with Navigator 4.03/Unix

but those are just guesses.  I'll have more data in a couple hours,
if someone doesn't beat me to it.  This is with the default config,
accessing plain files.

....Roy