httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Robb <sr...@wisewire.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: apachen STATUS
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 22:02:13 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Unfortunately, this is the problem... We say we're in feature freeze
> and then don't stick with it. We say, Oh we'll add this, oh we'll
> add that and we're back to square one... Does anyone think that
> this would be _better_ with the FreeForAllMode (tm)?  :)

Um... just an observation from someone on the outside:

I've been subscribed to, and reading, the new-httpd
mailing list for about 5-6 months now, I think. Feature
freeze?  Hardly... in fact, I've been under the impression
that you were at the start of a new cycle (what with the
discussions of process models, threading, logging, etc.)
and that you were working on developing 1.3 instead of
working on releasing it.

Who's responsible for the release?  All of you?  Or is
there one person in charge of keeping everyone focused
on the release long enough to get it done in a reasonable
amount of time?

- Samrobb (srobb@wisewire.com)
- WiseWire Corporation - "Information - Online, On Target, All the Time"
- http://www.wisewire.com
- http://www.lycos.com/webguides/webguides.html

The box said 'Requires Windows 95, or better.' So I bought a Macintosh.