httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Creating src/include in 1.3
Date Thu, 29 Jan 1998 22:57:27 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > I don't have a strong opinion about it though...
>
> Well, I do.  We say all over the place that main_server settings provide
> vhost defaults - and this clearly violates that.  It should be fixed.

Well, exactly, and that was my point. The snag is that there's this
distinction between per-server and per-dir configs. Per-dir's don't know
about servers, which is pretty bogus IMO. I'm not quite sure what we
should do about it, except to say that I think it should be one of the
areas we give serious thought to in 2.0. This comes back to my rather
ancient proposal about just generally sort of matching things and thus
ending up with a configuration, which didn't really make distinctions
between things like which host, which directory, what URL, or even which
browser. They were just things that could be matched to provide config.

I'd like to see it fixed in 1.3, less sure about 1.2.x (mainly because I
suspect it involves substantial code change).

Cheers,

Ben.