httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: 2.0 and 1.3
Date Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:05:33 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > But I don't understand the point of this.  If you are going to do this why
> > not just recreate 2.0 at that point?
> >

> Sure it would be easier, but it's already created and setup. With
> just a little bit of work we don't need to recreate the CVS tree.

Yeah, but in the meantime we get every patch an extra time, no? If we
aren't going to actually use the 2.0 tree, let's just blow it away until
we're ready for it.

BTW, I agree that 2.0 needs a core rewrite. Can't quite decide whether
an empty tree is the way to go, but then, if I had my way it'd be in C++
anyway.

Cheers,

Ben.