httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Smith <...@iii.co.uk>
Subject mod_rewrite on QUERY_STRINGs ??
Date Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:03:54 GMT
I'm not sure from the documentation of mod_rewrite whether I ought to be
able to use it on QUERY_STRINGs or not.  I would like to rewrite
something like

http://www.foo.com/path?action=blob&detail=bar

http://www.foo.com/path2/cgi?action=bar

I have tried several variants of

RewriteRule path?action=blob&action=(.*)

But the "RewriteLog" suggests that the QUERY_STRING is ignored for
RewriteRules.

I can use RewriteCond to test that the QUERY_STRING is of the required
type, but I don't seem to be able to do the mapping based upon the part
of it I am interested in.

Is it possible to do the kind of rewrite I am thinking of here (I've got
version 3.0), ie using the contents of QUERY_STRING to determine the
rule?

Cheers

Mike