httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Shared-Memory Abstraction
Date Tue, 27 Jan 1998 02:30:17 GMT
Just WBSing it..  One thing I would like to see is a way for
modules to declare a shared-memory pool before the spawn.
This is several issues at once: a reliable shared-memory
interface supported in the server, allowing the pool routines
to work within a specific address range (the shared area),
and module actions performed by the parent.

I keep thinking how nice it would be for a module to share
information (tables, for instance) between the various children.
Implementing a stat() cache in the core with these basic pieces
would be relatively simple, it seems to me.

2.0 stuff, of course - but just a thought.

#ken	P-)}