httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Changing httpd.h
Date Mon, 26 Jan 1998 15:39:58 GMT

	:
> Or at least, it breaks PHP because I was not adding -I...src/ap to my
> build process as I have no need for any of those ap_* routines.

Bumping the MMN wouldn't have kept your build from breaking; it's a
run-time control, not a compile-time one.

That change didn't break (or even affect) the run-time API at all,
so why should MMN be incremented?

An alternative (for this one case), of course, is to remove ap.h
from httpd.h, and add it to all of the .c files that *do* call
one or another of the libap routines.  That seemed like such a
massive change, though, that I concluded just about anything that
included httpd.h might be using the libap routines at will, so I
put it in a common location.

Of course, this issue would be a complete non-issue if we had
a single src/include directory.  That's been proposed, and a
couple of people have said it sounds like a good idea, but
I'm still suspicious - what will the impact be on Win32, for instance?

#ken	P-)}