httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: NT Questions
Date Fri, 23 Jan 1998 23:36:05 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Alexei Kosut wrote:
> >
> > I thought it was because you (Ben) discovered that the fd-passing thing we
> > do with CGI scripts didn't work unless the code was in a seperate DLL, if
> > the child stuff was called from another DLL (a module). But I may be
> > inventing memories.
>
> I thought that was because you and the modules had to use the DLLed MS
> libraries, not coz we had to DLL the core.
>
> > If that's not the case, I definitely think we should get rid of
> > ApacheCore.dll and export the symbols from Apache.exe.
>
> Fine by me :-)

Whoa!  I don't remember the details, but I'm *reasonably* sure the
ApacheCore.dll was created or proposed by Alexei, and had to do with
symbol exporting (and possibly the LoadModule stuff).  I think a
review of the archives from June/July is definitely called for; there
was about a week's worth of discussion on this ISTR.

#ken	P-)}