httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <>
Subject Upgrade of the SNMP module for Apache 1.2.5
Date Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:35:14 GMT

I have upgraded the snmp module for the Apache 1.2.5 version.
I also fixed some changes as done within the MIB-definition
by the SYSAPPL-WG of the IETF and reduced memory-use for
the SNMP-engine. Therefore, I have created a tarball which
includes the 'patch' required in the original Apache code
(version 1.2.5) and the 'module/snmp' directory.

Info is available at
and the tarbal is at

It is tested on Solaris2.5.1 and FreeBSD2.

So far I only encountered only a problem during a 'KILL -HUP'.
The SNMP-process is then not killed and it keeps the ports
occupied. I believe it was possible to do this within the
'init' of the module, but failed so far.
I will look into it, but if someone has a direct hint....

0- Harrie Hazewinkel --------------------------------------0       phone:+39+332+789384            fax:+39+332+785500
 postal: JRC of the E.C.  -  CEO unit
         Ispra 21020 (VA) Italy
  Ik ben Harrie en ik ben 28 jaar en doe SNMP na. MIB, MIB

View raw message