httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: installshield
Date Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:58:39 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Can't we just have it run a bat file that does the actual work or
> something?  Gee, haven't done a bat file in... erk... years.

In (I think) private email, Ben told me he intended to finesse the
issue for the htdocs/manual portion by having IS invoke a self-extracting
ZIP file like the one I put together for 1.3b3.  I don't see why we can't
do the same for the sources.  That would give us: Full==binary tree,
htdocs, and src, Minimum==binary tree, Normal==binary tree and htdocs.
Custom could let installer choose src and/or htdocs.

#ken	P-)}