httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: installshield
Date Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:02:14 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> what is the status of the NT installer?  It would be nice to have it
> working better before the next release.
>
> Can I play with it?  What is the deal with the different versions of
> InstallShield?  What one is Ben using?  What is the one that comes with
> visual studio and how limited is it?

I'm using IS5. I believe the one that comes with VC is also IS5 but
restricted to installing on your own machine (or something). So,
presumably, you can mess with the IS stuff (which someone was going to
put in CVS, weren't they?) and I can build it for the final release. I
don't believe IS put any restriction on who could run the "real" thing,
so if Brian/I can find the various keys it should be possible for you to
run the thing yourself.

Cheers,

Ben.