httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [POLL] experiment with commit-then-review
Date Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:10:11 GMT
Well, with the votes tallied, it looks like we'll be trying the
commit-then-review model.

>    * Ken's [POLL] experiment with commit-then-review
>      Shall we permit unreviewed commits to the source tree?  (Details
>      of when it's [in]appropriate to be worked out later.)  Vote, please.
>       <34B8EEF7.E4BD2126@Golux.Com>
>               Jim +1, Rob +1, Paul 0, Ralf +1

Now for Stage 2, so we can get down to it:

Is everyone happy with Rob's pithy statement of the guidelines as
"ideas must be review-then-commit, patches can be commit-then-review"?
Dean, Jim, and Ralf have +1ed it, and I'm adding my +1 now.

Obviously, items the submitter isn't sure about or that may fire a
controversy should probably go through review first.  What about
enhancements?  I think the discussion resulted in their being okey
under the c-t-r method.

What about enhancements during the beta cycle (e.g., right now)?
There have been some comments aired to the effect that we may have
feature-frozen too soon.

#ken    P-)}