httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ingo Luetkebohle <i...@blank.pages.de>
Subject Re: sane mail-archive
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 11:40:34 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> Here's a spec written by Mike Brown, one of the other key folks here at
> Hyperreal, and my comments on it.  If anyone else wants to help with this,
> let's start a separate list for it.

Its an interesting spec, but I think we´re getting side-tracked here.
You´re talking about a project of its own with at least medium
complexity (just think of the components: index database, mbox2html
parser, sophisticated indexing machine ala Harvest) which is nice and
fine but unfortunately a little far off, don´t you agree?

I´d like to hear which problems you have with a MHonArc/htdig based
archive and then I´ll try addressing those. Thats a less-than-perfect
solution to be sure, but its something for the meantime.

---/dev/il