httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Atkins <br...@posthuman.com>
Subject converting to lowercase with mod_rewrite
Date Sat, 10 Jan 1998 07:03:27 GMT
I am asking here in the hope that someone can answer... I asked
on the newsgroup, but no luck. In order to completely perfect
our "fake" vhosts setup which uses mod_rewrite to change incoming
subdomain requests to users' directories on our server we need
to find a way to handle requests for upper-case subdomains.
i.e. if someone requests BRIAN5.hypermart.net we need for
mod_rewrite to map that to /data1/hypermart.net/brian5/ instead
of /data1/hypermart.net/BRIAN5

Any ideas or should we start hacking code again?
--
The future has arrived; it's just not evenly distributed.
                                                       -William Gibson