httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ingo Luetkebohle <i...@devcon.net>
Subject Re: performance comparison
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 17:22:56 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:
> Other things you can try for amusement are "MaxClients 5" which will
> decrease dcache thrashing; and try using -k on zb to use keep-alive... the
> difference can be striking.

Hmm, the effects are moderate: throughput increased just 500k/s to an
absolute of 1500Kb/s. Requests are up just 50/s to an absolute of 200
reqs/s. I´d have expected a lot more from keep-alives... I still have
that bad feeling that I´m doing something very wrong.

Are there any modules that reduce performance? Some things that come to
mind are mod_browser, mod_speling and mod_php...

---Ingo Luetkebohle
dev/consulting Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerkentwicklung und -beratung mbH
url: http://www.devconsult.de/ - fon: 0521-1365800 - fax: 0521-1365803