httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject EAGAIN on CGIs?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 1998 13:16:05 GMT
I've got a server that after running for not very long starts failing to
run CGIs:

[Fri Jan  9 12:41:52 1998] access to <somecgi> failed for <somehost>,
reason: couldn't spawn child process

I added some code to log errno, and its EAGAIN.

Now, the thing that is driving me crazy is, mainly, that there's no way
to easily discover which system call gave that error. Anyone got any
bright ideas?

This is on FreeBSD, BTW!

Incidentally, the problems I was having with concurrent CGIs on Windows
were in the same place, and I had the same problem - I didn't know what
was actually getting the error. Would anyone object if I beefed up the
error logging for 1.3, at least?

Cheers,

Ben.