httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Atkins <br...@posthuman.com>
Subject "fake" vhosts now working- Thanks!
Date Thu, 08 Jan 1998 22:36:07 GMT
I have completed hacking our 1.2.4 server to allow "fake" vhosts
for our subdomain users. I took it live about 30 minutes ago
so we will see if any incompatibilites crop up... I tested it
on everything I could think of including Frontpage and it all
seems to work ok. We are now serving over 3300 vhosts and our
Apache process sizes are around 1.5 megs (less than 1 meg
resident).

I would like to personally thank Marc Slemko for his advice
regarding this- couldn't have done it with you! And also I
would like to say, that as a person who has very little real
experience with C, the Apache code is extremely well laid
out and easy to work on- even for me!

Hypermart bows to your greatness :-)
--
The future has arrived; it's just not evenly distributed.
                                                       -William Gibson